Vaccinations are essential to protect yourself and others from viral and bacterial diseases that could otherwise lead to life-threatening complications. At Pinnacle Healthcare Services in Alexandria, Virginia, we offer all routine and recommended vaccinations for infants, children, and adults.
Our physician, Dr. Kurwa Nyigu, a board-certified specialist, will recommend vaccinations you may need to keep your health and well-being in top shape while preventing serious health complications.
Why Is Vaccination Important for Everyone?
Vaccinations have a weakened form of virus/ bacteria to enhance your body’s immune response and produce antibodies to combat the disease. Everyone, including infants, children, and adults, can benefit from vaccinations. Not getting vaccinated can increase your risk for diseases that can be prevented with vaccinations including, shingles, influenza, pertussis (whooping cough), and more.
You should get vaccinated to:
- Reduce complications from certain diseases if you have a weakened immune system or chronic medical condition
- Decrease your risk for serious diseases
- Travel without being worried about contracting serious infections
- Protect those who cannot get vaccinated
- Live with peace of mind knowing that your health is protected
- Save on the expenses otherwise spent on treatment from getting sick
What Are Some Recommended Vaccines for Adults?
- Shingles vaccine
- Seasonal influenza vaccine
- Pneumococcal disease vaccination
- Tetanus and diphtheria (TP) vaccine
- Pertussis or whooping cough vaccine
- Hepatitis A and B vaccine
- Varicella (chickenpox) vaccine
- HPV (human papillomavirus) vaccine
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)vaccine
Who Should Not Get Vaccinated?
You should not get vaccinated or wait before getting vaccinated if you:
- Have a weakened or compromised immune system
- Are allergic to components of a specific vaccine
- Have specific health conditions
Consult with Your Physician!
Always consult with a healthcare provider before getting vaccinated. Only a skilled healthcare provider can suggest suitable vaccinations for you.
If you want to learn more about the best vaccination for you or are looking for vaccination and an “immunization center near me,” contact Pinnacle Healthcare Services in Alexandria, VA.
Vaccination and Immunizations FAQs
Yes, vaccines are safe and do not produce long-term complications. Each vaccine undergoes extensive testing before being released into the market. However, you should not get vaccinated without your doctor’s recommendation.
Generally, babies are given vaccination on a 2, 4, and 6-month schedule. However, you can consult with your healthcare provider to learn when you should take your baby in for vaccination.
Yes! Adults need to get vaccinated to protect them from diseases that would otherwise impact their life due to their age, lifestyle, or health condition.
Minor side effects such as a sore arm and fever following vaccination will subside within a day or two. Besides this, there is a small risk of getting a serious problem after getting vaccinated. However, the benefits of vaccines greatly outweigh any possible risks.
Generally, vaccinations against diseases, such as yellow fever, hepatitis A and B, and typhoid fever, are recommended for traveling to different countries. However, your healthcare provider will let you know the kind of vaccinations you may need depending on your age, health condition, and the country you travel to.